- This event has passed.
Wear It Purple Day: Introduction to Supporting LGBTIQA+ Youth | Minus18
August 23 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pmFree
The last Friday of August is Wear it Purple Day – a day dedicated to supporting and celebrating LGBTQIA+ youth. To coincide with Wear it Purple Day, Minus18 have developed a virtual training event to equip the whole community with the knowledge needed to support LGBTQIA+ young people and champion inclusion.
Whether you’re looking to be an inclusive colleague, teacher, youth worker, service provider, workplace or even parent or family member, this in-depth training will equip you with the LGBTQIA+ knowledge you need.
The training will cover:
- An overview refresher on the differences between sex, gender and sexuality.
- Evidence based barriers LGBTQIA+ young people face.
- Pronouns – what are they and why are they important?
- How to apply inclusive language and create an inclusive culture.
- Practical tools and tips to support LGBTQIA+ young people.
- LGBTQIA+ lived-experiences via our experienced workshop presenters.
- Dedicated Q&A time with the presenters