- This event has passed.
Understanding and Responding to Family Violence
March 29 @ 9:15 am - 12:15 pm
One event on March 30, 2022 at 9:15 am
The course runs over two half-days. Both sessions are held online and will be delivered on the following dates and times:
Part 1: Tuesday 29 March 2022, 9.15am-12:15pm
Part 2: Wednesday 30 March 2022 , 9.15am-12.15pm
Who is the training for?
This is an essential professional training for frontline workers, managers and business leaders in all industry sectors who want to expand their knowledge and skills in understanding, recognising and responding to family violence.
The course content will give you and your team the skills and knowledge to understand, recognise and respond to family violence.
Participants will be empowered to support staff and clients who are experiencing family violence, and they’ll be equipped to provide referrals to appropriate support services.
• An intersectional perspective of family violence.
• The root causes of family violence.
• Who experiences family violence in Australia?
• Who perpetrates family violence?
• What are the barriers faced by victim-survivors who leave a family violence situation?
• What are the short and long-term impacts of family violence?
• Why is family violence a workplace issue?
• Responding to disclosures of family violence.
• What you can do to be a part of the change.
Read more about the training here.