- This event has passed.
Supporting your clients with FVIOs and other related legal issues | BCLS
November 24 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Our informative session will focus on supporting your clients with Family Violence Intervention Orders and other related legal issues. Throughout this session you will learn about the following areas to help support your clients through what is often a very traumatic time in their lives.
This session will cover:
Family Violence Intervention Orders
– What is a Family Violence Intervention Order
– The process for applying for a Family Violence Intervention Order
– Understanding the court process
– Breaches of a Family Violence Intervention Order
Interactions with other areas of law
– Fines and infringements
– Residential Tenancy (House Rentals)
– Loans/consumer credit
– Family law
– Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT)