- This event has passed.
Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Assault | The Royal Women’s Hospital – CASA House
May 26 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Event Series (See All)$170
In this interactive workshop, participants gain knowledge and skills to effectively respond to disclosures from victim/survivors of all genders.
Workshops are co-facilitated by our training team and a counsellor/advocate.
The content is highly interactive and draws on CASA House’s intersectional feminist and trauma-informed frameworks to support participants to:
- Explore various definitions of sexual assault and the context in which they apply
- Understand the structural issues which perpetuate sexual assault, and how they apply to disclosures
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of consent
- Understand the impacts of sexual violence has on the lives of those affected
- Explore frameworks for responding to disclosures, including ‘Rights Options Control’
- Identify pathways for support for victim survivors