- This event has passed.
Putting MARAM into Practice: Techniques for Maintaining Engagement & Difficult Family Violence Conversations | CFECFW
April 3 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Event Series (See All)
The Centre has developed a series of new MARAM workshops entitled “Putting MARAM into Practice”. The workshops address some of the key challenges practitioners confront when they integrate MARAM into their everyday work. These practice challenges were identified from three types of consultation:
- Interviews with MARAM participants
- Observations and recommendations from the team of MARAM trainers
- Review of MARAM post-course evaluations since March 2020, all of which included the questions: “How will your practice change after this training?” and “What is the main barrier or challenge you identify in using the MARAM Framework in your workplace?”.
- Explore why a victim-survivor may be reluctant to engage in a conversation about family violence
- Learn strategies to enhance victim-survivor engagement
- Learn strategies for gradually building a victim-survivor’s capacity to manage their risk
- Learn engagement techniques with clients at higher risk of disengagement
- Consider how to explore a family violence disclosure in a way that maintains engagement