- This event has passed.
Gender, Disaster and Financial Wellbeing
February 25 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
Gender, Disaster and Financial Wellbeing builds on and shares learnings from professionals working across the Black Summer Bushfire response, and focuses on providing services to improve economic security for women before, in and following disasters in gender-sensitive, strengths-based and trauma-informed ways.
This session covers:
- Gender and Disaster – understanding how gender roles impact and affect women’s economic safety in before, during and after disaster
- Components of preparation for both service provider and service user
- Components of response for both service provider and service user
- Integrating intersectionality into your work
- Worker resources to assist women consider their financial and insurance situation in preparation, and practical checklists for use in response work
Speakers include financial counsellors working in Black Summer recovery zones.