- This event has passed.
A Gendered Lens on Housing Security | Women’s Housing Forum
August 11 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm$30
The Women’s Housing Alliance is excited to be staging the inaugural Women’s Housing Forum 2022 – A Gendered Lens on Housing Security in Melbourne. The Women’s Housing Alliance was formed in 2019 to help address the systemic barriers and housing crisis being faced by women and children facing homelessness across Victoria.
This forum will highlight and demonstrate solutions to Victoria’s chronic housing crisis and social housing shortage for women and children who are escaping family violence and experiencing homelessness at growing rates.
The program will explore women’s lived experiences and the impacts of Victoria’s current homelessness and family violence systems. It will also provide thought-leaders with models and evidence that providing housing upfront and seamless support from crisis right through to long-term housing leads to better social and economic outcomes.
- Farah Mak, Australian actress, television presenter, voice over artist and writer (MC)
- Jeanette Large, Chair, Women’s Housing Alliance
- Dr Angela Jackson, Impact Economics and Policy (Keynote address)
- Fiona Patten, Reason Party
- Dr Samantha Ratnam, Victorian Greens
- Kate Colvin, Director – Policy and Communications, Council to Homeless Persons
- Mary Crooks, Victorian Women’s Trust
- Fiona Caniglia, CEO, Q Shelter
- Felicity Rorke, Executive Director, Good Samaritan Inn Ltd
The forum will take place from 1pm – 5pm and will be followed by networking drinks.