The Peninsula Community Legal Centre (PCLC) has a family violence program which provides legal advice, assistance and representation for those concerned about abuse by a partner or other family member PCL Family Law
Good Shepherd provides legal support for family violence. View their website here.
Victorian Legal Services
- Family Violence Law Help
- Women’s Legal Service Victoria
- Victims of Crime
- Magistrate’s Court of Victoria
- Family Law Court of Australia
- Victoria Legal Aid
- Community Legal Centres
- Information and Referral Officer (IRO) – helping to provide clients link ins with support services for legal and non-legal matters
Family Violence Intervention Order (FVIO) resources
- Magistrate’s Court Family Violence website A site with information for those applying or responding to an intervention order.
- The Intersection between Family Law and the Intervention Order System Ella Crotty, Senior Lawyer Family Law and Family Violence, Fitzroy Legal Service on ‘The Intersection between Family Law and the Intervention Order System’
- Safe at Home: How to get a family violence intervention order A Victorian Legal Aid booklet for FVIO applicants.
- Family violence intervention order applications – for affected family members A Victoria Legal Aid fact sheet for affected family members.
- How to respond to a family violence intervention order A Victorian Legal Aid booklet for FVIO respondents.
- Family violence intervention order applications – for respondents A Victoria Legal Aid fact sheet for respondents.
- Police Accountability Project The PAP takes the lead in police accountability law and strategies. They may be able to assist clients who believe they have been a victim or a witness to police misconduct in Victoria
- Police powers: your rights in Victoria A free booklet that can be used as a general guide to help clients deal with the police. It includes information for young people under the age of 18 and people with mental impairment.