There are protections for people affected by family violence in Victoria’s rental laws. The Family Violence Protection Tenancy Kit provides detailed information including protecting bonds and making safety modifications.
- Changing the locks and other safety modifications
- Getting an intervention order
- Staying in the rental property, or leaving it
- Privacy restrictions for inspections and other entries into your home
- Information for public housing renters
- Preventing tenant database listings
- Hearings at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT)