Self-Directed Learning – Available Resources
- Listening to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People’s Voices – prepared by Djirra in partnership with Safe and Equal, for family violence workers who have Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women as their clients
- Support for children and young people – co-produced with Berry Street’s Y-Change Lived Experience Consultants and Safe and Equal to help practitioners better support children and young people with experiences of family violence
- Tip sheet to help practitioners responding to family violence provide LGBTIQA+ inclusive support – prepared with Switchboard and Safe and Equal. Tip sheet to help practitioners responding to family violence provide LGBTIQA+ inclusive support, assessment, safety planning and referral.
- Providing safety and support for criminalised victim survivors – a tip sheet and poster aimed at criminalised women and seeks to empower them to access the tip sheet and provide it to a service or practitioner they are working with.
- Forced marriage in the context of family violence – a tip sheet that provides information to help family violence practitioners understand what forced marriage is, the signs to look out for, and ways to support someone who has experienced forced marriage.
- Supporting people with disability – a webinar resource
- Identifying and responding to elder abuse in intergenerational households – a response resource for workers
BPIFVP’s A Day in the Life Series
The Family Violence Partnership team are creating a series of video interviews with various Bayside Peninsula practitioners. Throughout the year, we will be speaking with professionals in their field, to find out what it is like in a day of their working life. We will be approaching organisations and agencies in different sectors to get a sense of what kind of work they do, who are their clients, and how are their services used within community.
Please register here for the following dates:
Subscribe to the Family Violence News Bulletin
Stay up-to-date with seminars & training events…